- The Simple Affordable Way To Make Quality Bales: New RF Series fixed-chamber balers are simple, tough, affordable and easy to use, ensuring you can create quality bales in a wide range of conditions. These new balers are the perfect choice for smaller livestock farms, sundowners, and rural lifestylers, and a great alternative to a more premium variable-chamber silage machine.
- Three Models: Choose from two Utility models—the 4'x4' RF440 or 4'x5' RF450—each featuring a 2.0-meter pickup. Or, for even more capacity and high-moisture baling ability, choose the RF450 SuperFeed™ baler, which features a wider 2.25-meter pickup, an undershot rotor feeder and seven bale chamber rolls.
- Designed For Small Tractors: RF Utility hay balers were purposely developed for smaller, lower horsepower tractors, with minimal hydraulic flow capabilities. Only two hydraulic remotes are required--one for the pickup and one for the tailgate.
- Wide and Hungry Pickups To Suit Your Swath Needs: The pickup is key to baler performance. RF Utility balers feature a 2.0-meter pickup, while the RF450 SuperFeed™ pickup is 2.25 meters wide. These extra-wide pickups are ideal for consuming large windrows from high-yielding crops.
- More Tines For A Clean Sweep: Four tine bars with closely spaced tines across the full width of the pickup ensure a clean sweep and even feeding of the swath into the bale chamber. Two stub augers create well-packed bale edges.
- Windguard Stuffer Feeder For Smoother Flow: The simple, proven windguard feeder helps to both flatten and flow the swath as it enters the bale chamber. Select from two operational modes – floating or fixed – to optimize ground speed.
- RF450 SuperFeed Rotor Feeder: The RF450 SuperFeed baler features a shearbolt-protected rotor feeder with tines mounted in a spiral pattern to actively feed material into the bale chamber.
- Large Feed Opening: The bale chamber feed opening is the full bale width, with a generous clearance between the front of the bale chamber and floor roll to allow for large swaths.
- Rubber Pickup Wheels: Pneumatic rubber pickup wheels provide excellent ground following for clean crop gathering.
- Robust Tine Bar Bushings: The tine bars are mounted in robust bushings and are designed to have a long service life with no need for maintenance. When the bushings are worn, you can quickly and easily replace them, reducing costs and downtime.
Fixed Chamber Design Features
- Sure-Start Bale Formation: The chain and slat system quickly tumbles crop material to start the baling process. As the bale forms, the chains and slats shape the bale, increasing pressure on incoming material to form a lower density core, ideal for feeding and bedding, while applying maximum density on the outside third of the bale which contains the most hay, forming a dense water repelling shell.
- Tough Conditions? Get A Positive Start: As material enters the bale chamber, it is forced to tumble and start to roll by the combined action of the ribbed floor rolls and the revolving slats. Bales form consistently, even when the swath is uneven or wet, sticky or both.
- More Slats For A Consistent Bale: A key design feature of the RF Utility balers is the close spacing between each slat. More slats ensure efficient compression of incoming material throughout the formation of the bale for consistent density.
- Choose Between Three Density Settings: A simple, mechanical bale density system provides three settings. Make changes using the lever on the front of the baler. • Green setting for a less dense bale • Yellow setting for an intermediate bale density • Red produces the densest bale
Tying and Wrapping Features
- Net, Twine or Both: You can specify your RF baler with both twine and net, just twine or just net.
- Easy Loading: The simple RF baler design makes adding new twine or net quick and easy, right from ground level. Add up to four spools of twine and two rolls of net wrap under an opening panel at the front of the baler. There are no special clips or fasteners to fiddle with – just follow simple installation settings and you are ready for work.
- Auto-Wrap™ Monitor: When the bale is fully formed, the Auto-Wrap™ monitor alerts you with an audible signal, then initiates the twine or net wrap process automatically. The digital readout displays total and daily bale counts.
- Simple Bale Ejector: The simple bale ejector provides a spring-loaded guide to ease the bale to the ground to protect net wrap from damage.
- Mechanical Tailgate Lock: A pair of mechanical hooks lock the tailgate shut. The Auto-Wrap™ system monitors the pressure on the hooks and alerts you when the bale is fully formed.
RF440/RF450 Utility Features
- Budget Price, Excellent Performance: RF440 Utility and RF450 Utility models produce 4x4 and 4x5 bales respectively.
- Simple Pickup Suspension: A single, easily adjustable spring is used to set the pickup suspension on RF400 Utility models.
- Ribbed Floor Rolls: The floor rolls on RF Utility models are ribbed to help ensure material passed into the chamber by the stuffer fork is efficiently drawn into the baler.
- More Slats For A Consistent Bale: A key design feature of the RF Utility balers is the close spacing between each slat. The RF440 Utility model has 34 slats, and the RF450 Utility has 41. More slats ensure efficient compression of incoming material throughout the formation of the bale for consistent density.
- Designed For Small Tractors: RF Utility balers were purposely developed for smaller, lower-specification tractors, with minimal power and hydraulic flow requirements. Only two hydraulic remotes are required--one for the pickup and one for the tailgate.
- Hinged Shielding: Vertical hinged shielding makes it easy to access maintenance points. The six main drive chains on RF 450 SuperFeed (Optional on RF Utility Models) have automatic lubrication with an easy-to-adjust tension system, so you spend more time baling, less time maintaining.
RF450 SuperFeed™ Features
- Make Quality Silage Bales On A Budget: The RF450 SuperFeed™ round baler handles extra-tough baling conditions and produces dense 4’x5’ bales, including silage bales with up to 80% moisture. This tough baler is an ideal choice for small livestock farms and contract operators looking for an alternative to more premium variable-chamber silage balers.
- Rugged Bale Chamber: The RF 450 SuperFeed uses seven rolls and 29-bar chain and slat system. Thanks to its rugged build and tough floor roller bearings, these balers have the size and strength to cope with dense and heavy bales.
- Built For Hard Work, Wet or Dry: An RF450 SuperFeed baler is designed to handle demanding conditions, including sticky silage crops, short dry material, brittle straw, or long-stalked crops like cornstalks or sudan grass.
- Larger Swaths? No Problem: With its wide, standard,2.25-meter pickup and powered rotor feeder, RF450 SuperFeed balers are able to tackle larger swaths at higher speed. The RF450 SuperFeed™ has 27 tines per bar, for a total of 108 pickup tines for a clean sweep in all working conditions.
- Non-Stop Productivity: A radial pin slip clutch protects the pickup drive. If a blockage occurs, the clutch opens to protect the drive, but automatically resets as additional material is drawn into the bale chamber. For added protection, a shear bolt is also fitted, and the PTO intake shaft on all models has slip clutch protection.
- Powered Rotor Feeder: The standard 2.25-meter pickup with rotor feeder actively feeds material into the RF450 SuperFeed bale chamber. To ensure smooth feeding, the rotor tines are mounted in a spiral pattern. The rotor drive is shearbolt-protected for your peace of mind.
- Easy To Check. Easy To Care For: Vertically hinged side panels provide easy access to the rugged, simple and efficient driveline. To ease maintenance, standard equipment includes seven main drive chains with automatic lubrication plus a bank of grease points to ensure all key bearings are easy to lubricate.
- Bale diameter in. (cm): 59 (150)
- Bale width in. (cm): 47 (120)
- Width (DIN) in. (m): 78.7 (2.0)
- Number of tines / tine bars: 92 / 4
- Windguard: Tine rake
- Number of pickup tines per row: 23
- Protection: Shearbolt
- 540-rpm PTO: Standard
- Suspension: Standard
- Pickup wheels: Pneumatic
- Type in. (mm): Stuffer
- Number of augers: 2
- Type strokes/min: 48
- Density system in. (mm): 28 (710)
- Number of rollers: 2 formation rolls & 41 bars
- Wrap material: twine / net / twine & net: Standard
- Twine ball capacity: 4
- Control: Auto-Wrap™ bale monitor
- Spare roll capacity: 1 active, 1 stored
- Length, includes bale ejector in. (mm): 152 (3860)
- Height in. (mm): 92.5 (2350)
- Adjustable Track width Min. / Max. in. (cm): 74.4 / 80.7 (189 / 205)
- Weight lbs (kg): 2,390 (1,084)
- Tires: 18L-16.1SL 10 PR
- Minimum PTO power (hp): 50
Front Access Ladder
- Front access ladder: Optional
- Automatic lubrication: Optional